onsdag 15. oktober 2014

A good teacher

Today's activity is to reflect on:

  • Do you remember having a good teacher? Or a particularly bad one? Reflect on your memory, what was about it about this teacher that makes them stand out for you?
  • How does this image of a teacher relate to other images you have of a "good" teacher?

I can recall a couple of good teachers, as I am sure - or at least I hope - a lot of people can. And in retrospect what I thought made them good teachers was their ability to get me to look at an issue, an idea differently or from a different perspective. In other words, they managed to challenge my way of thinking. 

I don't think this image of a good teacher is one which has stuck with me throughout my own professional career, as the primary ideal or role model for the teaching profession. Rather, I think the atmosphere or the milieu of learning has been one which I have been more interested in establishing and developing. This of course dependent on there being either a majority of what I would subjectively define as good teachers or at the very least, the teachers I have to interact with being treaters who assist in creating what I define as a good learning milieu. 

So far, these are subjective interpretations, so I am looking forward to getting challenged by the material on these points. 

So now to this week's dose of the future of education. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar