lørdag 18. oktober 2014

Just half way through

At the end of week 3, I am now just half way through this MOOC I am taking - The Future of Education - through the University of London.

Delighted about the MOOC so far. The material is fine, and the structure of the course is interesting - although standard for a MOOC (with Padlet walls, Google+ and all that). But what I have liked the most is talking to teachers, researchers and university professors from around the world.

It has been invigorating to meet up with colleagues from around the world on Talkabout, and to sound out ideas and exchange experiences. My RL friends who are teachers, should certainly look into taking a MOOC like this one.

Obviously, there are a lot of people working in education who are taking it - education on all levels from elementary to university, and in teacher education as well. And, The University of London do a good job both promoting their master's programme in education and developing the MOOC on its own feet.

I would be one to take their master's had it not been for the fact that it costs 11,000 pounds. And while I wholeheartedly believe a degree-rewarding education is miles from a MOOC for many reasons, for me - who just wants to learn something new and not get a job, a raise or a promotion because of it - taking a MOOC to fulfil my needs suits me fine.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar